Navy Safe Harbor Foundation Services
Navy Safe Harbor Foundation aims to ensure that every service member is given an opportunity for full recovery after a serious injury by coordinating the non-medical care of seriously wounded, ill and injured Sailors and Coast Guardsmen, and provides resources and support to their families.
Navy Safe Harbor Foundation Support
Navy Safe Harbor Foundation is fortunate to have the support of families, friends, military members, and community. The organization asks that we as Americans, all do our part to help the seriously wounded, ill, and injured Sailors, Coast Guardsmen, and their families by volunteering, participating in a fundraising event, or making a donation . . . your support is greatly appreciated!
GIVE ONLINE, BY MAIL, OR PHONE
There’s no time like the present. Give today and your gift will be helping tomorrow. Use this convenient form to make a safe, secure one-time or recurring gift now.
NSHF Services and Accommodations:
- Respite care for enrollees and their families
- Financial and Legal Services
- Travel Expenses
- Court Costs
- Warrior Weekends
- Housing/Rental Support
- Support of Transition from Recovery/Rehabilitation
- Family Support (i.e., Christmas Gifts, Family camps)
- Adaptive Athletics
- Housing Modifications
- Vehicle Modifications
- Specialized Equipment
- Public Awareness
- PTSD/Combat Stress Support and Education
- Focus support and services toward US Navy and Coast Guard seriously Wounded, Ill, and Injured (WII) reserve, active-duty, and medically retired population
- Focus support to the Navy’s Safe Harbor Command enrollee population and family members.
- Fill the gaps and provide services not available through government or community avenues.
- Raise awareness of the needs of WII Sailors, Coastguardsmen, and their families.
- All seriously wounded, ill, or injured Sailors, Coast Guardsmen, and their families
- OIF/OEF Casualties
- Shipboard Accidents
- Liberty Accidents (MVAs, motorcycle accidents)
- Serious Medical and Psychological Conditions (cancer, severe PTSD)
- High risk non-seriously wounded, ill, or injured Sailors, Coast Guardsmen, and their families (on a case by case basis)
- Families in Crisis
- Special Interest
Navy Safe Harbor Anchor Program
The Anchor Program helps Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor carry out its promise to provide transition assistance to seriously wounded, ill, and injured Sailors and Coast Guardsmen, as well as their families. It provides them with an invaluable network of support during a critical chapter of their lives – the conclusion of their military careers. The Anchor Program matches Sailors and Coast Guardsmen in transition with sponsors in their communities, perhaps from a local Reserve component and/or from local veteran groups. Some sponsors are active-duty Sailors and Coast Guardsmen, as well. Though participating in the Anchor Program is purely voluntary, Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor urges all of its enrollees to take advantage of this important service. If you are interested in becoming an Anchor Program sponsor, please contact the Anchor Program Coordinator at 202-433-9149. Access the Anchor Program sponsor guide, and learn about what it takes to sponsor wounded warriors. To hear more about the Anchor Program, visit Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor’s YouTube channel.